Gluten-Free Gingerbread RECIPE
This recipe is just amazing. Especially if you eat gluten-free it can be sometimes challenging to find the right gingerbread. So, why not make it by yourself?
Gingerbread is a part of the winter time and Christmas time. And the smell and the taste… yummy 😊
We were excited about the structure and consistency, so perfectly moist and not too dusty. And the ingredients give such a lovely taste, the right spice of ginger, and with molasses, which gives the gingerbread a deep robust flavour and its typical dark colour. With the mix of the gluten-free flours, you get a great mix and alternative to all-purpose flour. And using Xantham gum is crucial for the right structure and rise of your gluten-free gingerbread.
This awesome of gingerbread is packed with warm spicy flavours! It’s a lot better the second day once the flavours meld and it develops that smooth sugary film on top. Leftovers will keep for a couple of days if wrapped in plastic wrap and stored at room temperature.
Have fun with baking and enjoying and also surprising your friends and family with this gluten-free gingerbread. 😊
Thank you to www.amyshealthybaking.com
- ½ c millet flour (measured correctly)
- ½ c brown rice flour (measured correctly)
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch (aka tapioca flour)
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ c fat-free milk
- ¼ c plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and coat an 8”x4” loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the millet flour and the other 7 ingredients (through salt). In a separate bowl, mix the oil and egg. Stir in the molasses, vanilla, milk, and fat-free Greek yogurt. Then whisk in the brown-sugar, dissolve any clumps along the side of the bowl. Add the flour mixture, stir just until integrated.
- Put the dough into the prepared pan, and bake at 325°F for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Start checking the gingerbread about 5-8 minutes earlier than the suggested time in the recipe; with an increase of the surface area, it bakes faster! Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.