BAKED POTATOES with SPINACH and ARTICHOKE RECIPE
It is Potato time 😉
When we saw this recipe, we got very excited and tried it immediately, and guess what, it was just delicious. This lovely combination of creamy spinach and artichoke potatoes with a cheesy touch, even it is vegan.
These baked potatoes go well either as a main dish combine with a good salad or as a side dish or even as an appetizer.
Have fun with this amazing recipe and enjoy!
Thank you to www.paleorunningmomma.com
- 4 small/medium russet potatoes
- 5 oz container fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 of a 14 oz can artichoke hearts check ingredients
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small can 5.3 oz coconut cream*
- 5 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp ghee or butter-flavored coconut oil***
- Brush the potatoes with coconut oil, you may need to warm it up a bit and sprinkle the potatoes with salt if desired, bake the potatoes for about one hour at 400 or until tender inside.
- Let them cool (or if you are short on time, bake them ahead). Cut each potato open lengthwise and scoop out the inside until it is a thin layer left.
- You will only need the inside of 3 of the potatoes, use the inside of the 4th for something else
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil. Add the onions and cook until soft, then the garlic and let it cook until just softened.
- Add the chopped spinach and sauté, stir until it is soft, then add the chopped artichoke hearts and a pinch of salt and cook 1 more minute. Take from the heat and put aside.
- Mix or blend together the insides from the three potatoes with the coconut cream, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, ghee or coconut oil, and 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Blend the potato mixture with the spinach artichoke mixture, then scoop it into the hollowed potatoes
- Bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes or until beginning to lightly brown. Take it out from oven and serve it hot.
- You can keep leftovers in the refrigerator for up to four days – they reheat in the oven or toaster oven very well!