HEALTHY NO BAKE CINNAMON BUN PROTEIN BARS
We are so surprised by these no bake cinnamon bun protein bars, they are soft and chewy and also very healthy. You will just love them. They are quickly ready in less than 10 min and are gluten free refined sugar free, vegan, dairy free and paleo friendly.
Thank you to http://thebigmansworld.com.
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour (For the paleo option, use 1 cup coconut flour)
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted (Can sub for almond or more oat flour)
- ½ cup vanilla vegan or paleo friendly protein powder
- 1 T Saigon Cinnamon
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice (for example Norbu or Coconut Sugar)
- ½ cup almond butter (can sub for any nut butter)
- ½ cup brown rice syrup (sub for maple syrup in the paleo version)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T + dairy free milk of choice
Cinnamon Bun ‘topping’:
- 1 T Saigon cinnamon
- 2 T granulated sweetener of choice (Norbu or Coconut Sugar)
- Line a large baking dish with greased paper and set aside.
- In large microwave safe bowl, combine the flour, protein powder, granulated sweetener and Saigon cinnamon and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the nut butter and liquid sweetener and heat until melted. (or in a pot on the cooker). Add the vanilla extract and pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix well- It should be crumbly.
- Using a spoon, add the dairy free milk of choice one spoonful at a time until a thick, firm batter is formed.
- Transfer to lined baking dish and press firmly. Rub the cinnamon bun topping on it and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes