VEGAN RAW CARAMEL CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Wow, this No Bake Vegan Caramel Cheesecake is just delicious. Very easy to make, just these simple steps: 1. Crust – 2. Caramel Filling – 3. Caramel Topping – 3. Fridge – 4. Eat 😊
This No Bake Vegan Caramel Cheesecake is staggeringly simple to make. Without oil, no additional sugar, and flavorfully smooth. One of the Vegan Family Recipes’ best pastries.
Thank you to www.veganfamilyrecipes.com
- 1 cup Walnut halves
- 6 dates (3 medjool dates)
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 cups Coconut Cream (see notes)
- ¾ cup VFR’s Caramel Dip
- ⅔ cup Cashews (soaked for at least 15 minutes, patted dry)
- ⅓ cup Vegan Mini Chocolate Chips (optional – I like using Enjoy Life’s Mini Chocolate Chips)
- Line a 7 inch springform with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare crust by pulsing dates, walnuts, and salt in a food processor until a sticky mass forms. Press the walnut-date mixture into the bottom of your springform .
- Make the caramel cheesecake filling by pulsing coconut cream, cashews, and ¼ cup caramel dip in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Spread filling evenly into springform. Place in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes until the top hardens a bit.
- Spread remaining ½ cup caramel dip over filling.
- Garnish with chocolate chips (optional).
- Place caramel cheesecake in refrigerator for at least 4 hours until it sets.
- Carefully remove cheesecake from springform and serve.
- Keep in fridge for up to 5 days.
1) The caramel dip will spread better once heated. Heat slowly in a warm water bath or in the microwave.
2) It is very important that you allow the filling to get hard in the freezer first. If you skip this step, the caramel dip won’t spread over the top easily and just smear into the filling instead.
3) The walnuts in the crust can easily be substituted with any other nut (except cashews). I like making the crust with almonds, macadamias,and peanuts as well. Sunflower seeds will also work.
4) 2 cups coconut cream can be obtained from 2 cans of coconut milk by setting the cans in the back of a fridge and leaving them there overnight. Carefully remove cans from the fridge and open the cans, The coconut cream should have separated from the water at that point. Remove the hard white mass (coconut cream) and use the water for something else i.e. smoothies. Coconut cream can also be bought at the store as well.
5.) To make it extra easy to remove the cheesecake from the springform, place the caramel cheesecake in the freezer for about 15 minutes before trying to remove it.
6.) This cheesecake is freezer-friendly. Allow enough time for it to thaw.