BROCCOLI AND RED LENTIL DETOX SOUP RECIPE
Wintertime is soup time – especially in the colder month we are fancier for a nice, warming, and delicious soup.
Why not combine this with a detox effect?
We found this very tasty and spicy broccoli and red lentil detox soup recipe, and we all loved it. Very light but filling, you can have the spice you like, in putting more or less chili in it. And this soup was easy and quickly made.
But why is this soup so healthy?
It is antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, and detoxifying chemicals in your body you need to stay healthy. And every single ingredient has his own benefits, here are some of the main ones, the actual list is longer:
- Broccoli – it activates detox enzymes in your liver, so you can get rid faster of toxins. It has substantial amounts of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, folate, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, dietary fiber, potassium, selenium, manganese, phosphorus, and tryptophan. Broccoli is a rich source of phytonutrient glucosinolates and flavonoids. Broccoli also contains more protein than most other vegetables.
- Turmeric – it is antioxidant and boosts the activity of the body’s own antioxidant enzymes, natural anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and contains bioactive compounds. I also should lower the risk of heart diseases, and anti-inflammatory for arthritis patients and many more
- Garlic – is anti-inflammatory, boost the immune system, detoxifying, anti-cancer, antiviral and anti-bacterial; it contains Manganese, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Selenium, Fiber, and a decent amount of Calcium, Copper, Potassium, Phosphorus, Iron, and Vitamin B1
- Lentils – high-quality plant protein, high-fiber and very rich in folate and antioxidants; these help you lose weight, increases energy, lower cholesterol and help you get rid of toxins in your colon, also, reduces your risk of heart disease and are a great source of Folate and Magnesium
- Vegan, Gluten-free
For the best results, we would recommend to only use Organic Products. Enjoy this boost, enjoy this delicious taste.
Thank you to www. beautybites.org
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 tsp ground cardamom (optional)
- 5 cups broccoli
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- some mint leaves (5-10)
- some cilantro (optional)
- 1 red chili pepper (optional!)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Let the lentils soak for 30min-1h. Prepare the other ingredients – peel garlic and onion, wash herbs and vegetables and cut broccoli, onion, chili (optional), cilantro (optional), mint leaves.
- In a little cooking pot add 1tbsp olive oil and sauté the garlic and onions on medium-high for around 1 min. Mix in the spices (turmeric, ginger, cumin and opt. cardamom). Stir and add a bit of water, so that the spices don’t burn.
- Stir again and mix in now the chopped broccoli, lentils, 1/2 tsp salt (add more or less how you like it) and 2-3 cups of water until everything is covered.
- Cover all with a lid and cook for 8-10 min until lentils are tender and everything else is cooked.
- Add the herbs (mint and optionally cilantro). Turn heat off.
- With your hand mixer blend the soup. If you like it bit chunky, don`t blend everything. Or until everything is smooth. Add 1 more tbsp olive oil and stir in. Salt to taste, add water if too thick (shouldn’t be).
- Optionally: Slice red chili pepper and add at the end.
- Serve hot and if you’d like to top with some hot paprika flakes and cumin.