CREAMY SWEET POTATO AND CAULIFLOWER SOUP RECIPE
Now Autumn began we are fancy for delicious soups. This creamy sweet potato and cauliflower soup is definitive on of our favorites. The combination of them two is so amazing. Choose the ingredients for the optimum if possible in organic. 🙂
Thank you to www.simplywhisked.com
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 medium), peeled and cubed
- 2 pounds cauliflower, stems removed and chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 4 green onions
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 3 14.5-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups alternative milk (diary or diary free)
- 1/4 cup spelt flour
- Toppings: bacon bits, shredded cheese (diary or diary free), fresh chives (optional)
- In a large stockpot, combine all ingredients except milk and flour. Cover and bring to a boil. Allow soup to cook until vegetables are soft – about 25 – 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk and flour. Add to pot. Continue cooking until soup has thickened – about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender (or transfer soup to a food processor or blender). Process until smooth
Any kind of alternative milk can be used in this recipe. If using coconut milk, opt for the refrigerated kind instead of canned for the right consistency. Regular dairy milk or dairy free like organic soy or unsweetened almond milk can be used as well.Use dairy-free cheese shreds as a topping to make this dairy free.