Lentil Meatballs RECIPE (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
These tasty Lentil Meatballs Vegan, Gluten-Free are covered in a rich cashew sauce will without a doubt be a major hit at your Thanksgiving table!
My whole family loved them and couldn`t stop eating them. They are ideal for potlucks, and you can without much of a stretch gauge the measure of individuals you will serve by the measure of meatballs you make.
We would add a sans gluten-free flour to tie the meatballs and keep them from separating, yet incredibly, the balls were very sturdy without flour.
Don’t hesitate to include around 2 tablespoons of sans gluten-free flour of your decision, rice, oat flour or sorghum flour should work fine for this formula.
I included my sauce when I’m plating my dish, just before serving, with the goal that the meatballs aren’t sitting for long in the sauce.
Enjoy your dinner 😊
Thank you to www.healthiersteps.com
For The Lentil Meatballs:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup dried lentils, (brown or green), sorted and washed
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oat flour* (optional)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes, (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Bragg’s liquid aminos, tamari or coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For The Cashew Gravy:
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 1 hour then drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder, or cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos, tamari sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pinch cayenne pepper
TO PREPARE LENTIL MEATBALLS:
- Heat oil in a pan on medium high warmth. Include onion and cook until delicate, around 3 minutes. Blend in garlic, thyme, parsley, paprika, and lentils to coat.
- Add water and bring it to boil on medium warmth. Reduce warmth to simmer and cover pot. Cook until the point when lentils are delicate and water has dissipated, around 30 minutes.
- Transfer lentil blend into a huge bowl, blend in walnuts, flax seeds, yeast drops, Bragg’s fluid aminos and ocean salt. Utilizing a fork crush blend until staying together.
- Preheat broiler 350 degrees F. Get ready heating sheet with light greased parchment paper.
- Scoop dough, utilizing about a tablespoon. Shape into balls and putting them on arranged sheets until dough is empty
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the meatballs look on the outside brown and crispy.
TO PREPARE THE CASHEW GRAVY:
- Put cashews, water, yeast drops, onion powder, garlic, arrowroot, Bragg’s fluid aminos in a rapid blender and process until smooth.
- Empty sauce into a pot and include thyme, Italian seasonings, paprika. Warmth on medium high, mixing continually with a wire rush until the point that sauce thickens.
- Place meat balls in serving plate. Pour sauce to finish everything and embellish with slashed parsley.