VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE WITH MUSHROOMS AND PEAS RECIPE
Do you love Mac & Cheese as much as we do?
These recipe is one of the best we`ve ever tried. Such a creamy cheese sauce and very tasty. Your friends and family will love it even if they are not vegan! If you don`t like mushrooms or peas you can also use broccoli or any vegetables you like. The combination of potatoes, carrots and soaked cashew nuts makes a perfect combination for this creamy sauce.
Have fun with cooking and enjoying 😊
Thank you to www.veganheaven.org
- 1 heaped cup potatoes, cut into very small pieces (about two medium-sized potatoes)
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut into very small pieces
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (I used Savoury)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 small clove of garlic
- black pepper
- 9 oz macaroni (elbow pasta or choose Gluten-Free)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chopped parsley (optional)
- Let the cashew nuts soak in water. Cut the potatoes and carrots into little pieces and cook them in salt water for around 10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta as indicated by the directions on the bundle. Cook the frozen peas for around 6 minutes (I generally simply cook them with the pasta). Put aside.
- When the potatoes and carrots are cooked, drain them and place them into a blender drain the soaked cashews and put them into the blender as well, then add the nutritional yeast, the almond or soy milk, the garlic, and some salt and pepper.
- In a huge skillet, warm some olive oil and sauté the mushrooms for around 3 minutes.
- Mix the cooked pasta and peas to the mushrooms and add the “cheddar” sauce. Warmth for a minute or two until warm. Additionally, you can sprinkle with chopped parsley.