Facts About Goji Berries
Very often we hear about the health benefits of goji berries and much they can help. Is this really true? We checked some facts and give you now a quick overview what we found out.
Goji berries are a great source of minerals and vitamines like:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- ZincAlso they contain all 8 essential amino acids. For example when you take 4 ounce serving of the goji berries you´ve already reach 10 percent of you daily recommendation. This is very high amoutn of protein for fruits.
The carbohydrates in goji berries are also complex carbs. This means your blood sugar will raise slowly, reducing your risk of a sugar crash afterwards.
Also benefits are:
- Boosted immune system and flu protection
- Maintain blood sugar
- Potential weight loss aid
- Antioxidants for eyes and skin
- Increased testosterone
How can goji berries being used?
You`ll get the dried goji berries in most supermarkets prepackaged and in the bulk section. Also in shops for organic / natural products. Treat them like raisins or fresh berries. You can mix them into your breakfast cereal or yogurt, add them to your trail mix, or drink it as juice or tea.
Goji berries also taste great cooked with lean pork or turkey, adding a savory sweetness to hearty dishes. Plus, their vitamin C content also will help your body absorb the meat’s iron.
Eating two or more servings of fruit a day is usually recommended for optimum health benefits.
Be sure to buy your goji berries from a reputable source, even though they tend to be expensive. Cheaper or imported brands have been known to contain sulfites. Sulfites can cause an allergic reaction in some people.
You should avoid adding goji berries to your diet if you:
- have low blood sugar
- are using blood thinners such as warfarin
- have low or high blood pressure
- are breastfeeding or pregnant (can cause miscarriage)
- are allergic to the fruit
Well, all in all, yes goji berries are very good for our health and can increase a lot of positives sites! Enjoy the taste!